3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
escubic
Topic starter
(@escubic)
Estimable Member

Hello everyone, hola todo el mundo,

here are the sales numbers (matriculaciones) according to the Spanish traffic authority DGT for the last year 2018:

There have been 515 registrations of NIUs and 42 registrations of SUPER SOCOs. At least 300 NIU registrations in Madrid were made by the scooter sharing service MOVO.

The SUPER SOCO's have been distributed by motor bike chain "SUMCO" in ordinary motorcycle dealers, the NIU's have been distributed through specialized NIU dealers.

Here is a tear down to the provinces:

Madrid: 365 NIU (300+65), 3 SOCO
Barcelona: 58 NIU, 8 SOCO
Malaga: 18 NIU, 0 SOCO
Balearic Islands: 16 NIU, 1 SOCO
Valencia: 14 NIU, 12 SOCO
Girona: 8 NIU, 0 SOCO
Alicante: 7 NIU, 2 SOCO
Murcia: 1 NIU, 6 SOCO
Jaen: 6 NIU, 0 SOCO
Valladolid: 3 NIU, 3 SOCO
Melilla: 5 NIU, 0 SOCO
Cordoba: 4 NIU, 1 SOCO
Almeria: 2 NIU, 2 SOCO
Granada: 3 NIU, 0 SOCO
Canary Islands/Tenerife: 0 NIU, 2 SOCO
Badajoz: 2 NIU, 0 SOCO
Caceres: 2 NIU, 0 SOCO
Toledo: 0 NIU, 1 SOCO
Segovia: 0 NIU, 1 SOCO
Canary Islands/Gran Canaria: 1 NIU, 0 SOCO

The SUPER SOCO sales have been quite weak, and I think this is due to the almost complete absence of any marketing and the distribution through petrol minded motorcycle deales. The distributor has recently taken the TS model off its offer, and has closed the Facebook and Web pages of Super Soco for the Spanish market.

2 Replies
1 Reply
patjepatatje
(@patjepatatje)

Trusted Member

I think the Super Soco is quite a niche market. No women drivers either.

(@tcmaximum)
Eminent Member

I'm actually switching to SOCO from NIU but in my place the owners of both stores are the same. They have different shops but are all friends and such. 

If NIU didn't try to screw people over with the NGT I would have gotten one of those probably, but I got tired of the vespa style and wanted soco's style. I thought about getting the TC Max before it was "banned" here, but I also have seen in person modified NIUs. They can do 110-120 easily. Ridiculous range and power and it costs as much as the factory soco with 2 batteries+Y-cable. NIU community is pretty well established in every city but SOCO isn't AFAIK. NIU makes chat groups for every city and organizes events like drive arounds. I'm not sure if SOCO does anything the same or not so it might just be a marketing thing.