Clear all

3D Printing designer? I need one for an idea on a TC

5 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
(@edge1981)

Hi,

Do we have any 3D Printing designers here?

I have an idea to make a better tray under the seat to put the charger in there. Maybe even with the possibility to charge with just one cable out.

Who can help me?

Greetz Edge

4 Replies
Oscar
Admin
(@oscar)
Reputable Member

I'm not that good to do such things but sure there will be someone here!

Super Honda
(@super-honda)
Estimable Member

I can try to help you, if you are able to give me all dimensions needed to build a 3d model of it.

Can you try to do a simple sketch with the main dimensions?

This is a box for keys or a mobile phone I made for another scooter, to put over the battery.

(@feren)

Google SketchUp is a free to download 3D modelling program that is very easy to use.

I've used it to design various parts for 3D printing and I'd say it'll be easier to design it for yourself than describe the part to another person.

You can also get a plugin for SketchUp so that it outputs your model as an .STL file which is what 3D printers use.

Topic starter
(@edge1981)

Well the idea is just what I said.. the plastic part under the seat to be remodelled so the charger can fit under there. But I guess the easiest way will be to scan the part first and see how we can change it up.

There is a company nearby 'Materialise' that might be able to help. I'll check with them what it would cost.