Acceleration is fun - Super Socos compared

7 Posts
3 Users
7 Likes
Topic starter
(@flyingelectric)
Estimable Member

TC and TC-max acceleration in comparison with some other bikes:

0-50km/h TS                   - 17 seconds (?)           max speed 60 km/h straight road

0-50km/h TC                   - 15 seconds                 max speed 70 km/h (?)

0-50km/h TC-Max          - 5,2 seconds.              max speed 90km/h retail version (above 90% battery higher speed (?))

vs faster bikes:

6 Replies
(@kurio99)

So 'TC Max - Preserie Mode 3' would be the preproduction version?  Looks like they dummied down the performance for the final model.  Too bad.

Took some timings off various youtube videos.  0 to 40 mph...

1) 100cc motorcycle = 11s

2) Yamaha TW 200cc = 8s

3) Super Soco TC Max = 7s

4) Honda Grom (125cc) = 7s

5) Vespa GTS 300cc = 5s

6) BMW C400X Scooter = 4s

If 'Acceleration is Fun' then the 'Super Soco TC Max' does not fair well.  If anything, you managed to sell me on the KTM 125.  I guess that the TC Max motor is just too small to demonstrate that instant electric engine torque that I've been reading about.

Thanks for sharing.

ps. I was keenly interested in the Super Soco's as they are the only affordable electric motorcycle available in Canada that is not limited to 32 kph or costs double (eg. Zero FXS).

1 Reply
(@socomods)

Trusted Member

@kurio99

considering that the TC Max is *only just* above the max limit for a 50cc motorbike, i think its acceleration is pretty good, in the UK the limit for a 50cc is 4kW, TC Max is 5kW - the Max limit for a 125cc is 11kW, need to bare that in mind when looking at the acceleration

Topic starter
(@flyingelectric)
Estimable Member

Also depends how far you'd like to travel everyday. Ktm390 is 0-100 in 5 secs and blows your mind. If I try the 690 I would fly to heaven.

For the electrics they are very lightweight and easy to handle. No fatigue from motor vibrations which is awesome!

(@socomods)
Trusted Member

I am not convinced by that 17s for TS to 50kph, I am sure it accelerates faster than that - will test mine as soon as the weather clears up

(could there be a difference between the 1st generation TS perhaps? i understand that there has been at least 1 firmware update since i got mine in 2017, which may have reduced the power slightly?  I have never had installed, and although i would definitely like acceleration on par with a 125, it has never felt *that* slow on acceleration ... interesting though, looking forward to tweeking my bike, if i can get acceleration to 30mph in ~10s or less i will be happy

Topic starter
(@flyingelectric)
Estimable Member

17s for the TS is not actual acceleration time why I added a questionmark (?) Non-limited would be faster hitting 60km/h on straight roads meaning 0-50 km/h would go faster in that mode. 

When I ran mine I was going exactly faster than cars if they drove normal or slitghly slower up to road speeeds of 50km/h.

1 Reply
(@kurio99)