Bumblebee Moonster 3000W Mid Motor

15 Posts
6 Users
5 Likes
 Gui
Topic starter
(@gui)

Hello folks!

This is my first post so I apologise if it is not in the right sub.

It's been a while I'm considering an electric bike for commuting, around 5 miles each way, so I obviously came across the Super Soco TC (which was my first option) and now I am also considering the TSX.

As we know, EV market will change very fast in the next couple of years at least, and I was looking for the best option I could get up to £3k. That is when I found this Bumblebee Moonster.

The specs look great on paper with a mid motor peaking at 3000w, 72v battery and 50 miles top speed.

It's not the best looking for my taste, but at £2,500 there's not much to complain about.

The issue is that this is not an established company and even Super Soco has its own issues, let alone a company that no ones has heard of.

What do you guys think? Would you consider it as a viable option? Anyone head of it before?

Thanks!

14 Replies
Oscar
Admin
(@oscar)
Reputable Member

@gui

Well I've never heard of it, it looks actually okay. The only problem is that you can't really find any problems. But on the other hand I also bought the Super Soco just on faith of the dealer that electric mopeds can't be that bad. (I was number 7 in the Netherlands) Besides some problems with the Super Soco I'm really pleased with it. In conclusion, if you think this company can deliver what you want, I would say go for it!

8 Replies
 Gui
(@gui)

@Oscar I agree.

My concern is that the TC won't be powerful enough for me, even derestricted, even only for urban use.

What are your thoughts?

Best!

targaryen
(@targaryen)

@gui then you should try the zero motorbike which also is electric.

Gui
(@gui)

@targaryen

Costing 3x more? Out of my budget.

Oscar
Admin
(@oscar)

Reputable Member

@gui

For urban use the TC/TS is perfect. I use my TS on trips of 28km per day.

Gui
(@gui)

@oscar

Wow! That's exactly what I'm looking to hear.

Never felt under powered?

Oscar
Admin
(@oscar)

Reputable Member

@gui
Most of the time you don't feel underpowered. Sometimes people just want to go by you because you can only drive 55km/h max. But that's with every moped. So no never felt underpowered.
I also drive a lot of straight streets, so very boring but the moped does it's thing and it's way better than for example a Vespa!

(@socomods)

Trusted Member

@gui

depends on the kind of roads you will be on; i have no trouble riding my TS around London, obv i don't go on 40mph roads, but i never feel under powered dealing with london traffic

Gui
(@gui)

@socomods

That is very good to know.

If you could go back in time, would you change your choice or keep the TS?

I tested the CUX and TC Max today for about 30-40 metres and was impressed by the quick response when you turn the throttle. Hard to tell how well the CUX would keep up with 30mph traffic. How do you feel with your TS?

thanks,

GS

(@socomods)
Trusted Member

those look like 15inch wheels too, one of the reasons i went for TS over other EV bikes available at the time, was the 17inch wheels, much prefer the stability dealing with speed bumps, road damage and other annoying things

15inch do have their benefits tho, esp if you will be riding around very small, heavily built up and bendy roads, or with lots of slow moving traffic to weave in and out of

patjepatatje
(@patjepatatje)
Trusted Member

i think the size is a bit on the small side. same as the honda.

https://www.rideapart.com/photos/621214/rideapart-review-2014-honda-grom-125/

1 Reply
 Gui
(@gui)

@patjepatatje

precisely.

gave up the idea.

I guess the Super Soco and Niu are the less risky of all the new comers.

will settle with a TC or TC Max and join this group soon.

mrj
(@mrj)
Trusted Member

It looks a lot like the Artisan Evo. <looks at website. Looks a lot. Thinks....>

It *is* an Artisan EV0 with different headlight and trim!:

https://artisanscooters.com/electric-motorcycles-scooters/ev0

Here's a review of the Evo 3:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5YOhrBxuBE

If they truly are a UK company you might get good service. If not, go to an Artisan dealer!

1 Reply
 Gui
(@gui)

@mrj

You did not only absolutely nailed it, but you also pointed me to finding the Horwin CR6 in the Artisan website.

The CR6 is coming at the TC Maxs, with better specs in some cases in my opinion and the same approach to the cafe racer style. Really neat!

A bit on the pricey side, though.

Nice find, mate!