11 Users
6 Likes
35.4 K Views
puntofato
Topic starter
(@puntofato)
Trusted Member

Hello,

It has been 4 months since I started doing things on my Soco TS.

Here are the latest news of the things I did.

-I changed the position of the controller. Also opened holes for the proper ventilation of it. Cables are kept away from the open holes to prevent water getting to them.

One thing that happened without plan was this:

A green light from the controller lights the road in front of the rear tyre!

-The bike works with TWIN voltage. The Kelly controller that drives the motor is now at 82 volts. The rest of the bike is still at 69 volts. Total energy capacity is now at 3.6kwh. 

You can see the range it has now. 

Before some people hurry to make conclusions about the range, I will also mention the change of the rear tyre. It is now of larger diameter by 4cm! So now the odometer and the speedo are closer to reality. The speedo is down by 4 km/h compared to the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJUFoNmnqbY

DAMN I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!

1 Reply
(@phil-de-canillas)

Trusted Member

@puntofato

Hi, I have changed the original tyres for decent Pirellis but here in Spain any change in diameter of more than 2% is illegal, invalidates insurance.

It is very tight on original specifications here, the easy way was to take the German TÜV specs and apply them here through independent, incorruptible inspectors. Not good.    😉

puntofato
Topic starter
(@puntofato)
Trusted Member
(@phil-de-canillas)
Trusted Member

Great tech.

What was the cost of components?

Saludos

puntofato
Topic starter
(@puntofato)
Trusted Member

Not many things and surely not a lot of money.

You need to know about electric bikes in order to make it work.

You can find any controller PURE SINEWAVE for 3000W. If it has bluetooth, it would be even better. Firstly, I tried the Lingbo but I got no answer to my messages. Then I tried Kelly and I ordered one for almost 200euro. You can also try Sabvoton. You want it to be able to give 200A and also be capable to work for as many volts as you can ie 90V and more.

Then you must make extra batteries in parallel to the main. Otherwise FORGET IT. You won't be able to open the throttle more than a third of its way. For this you will contact a company like NKON. If you know other people that also want batteries you can make a big order. The more you buy, the better the price. 

I also paid almost 50 euro for the extra BMS and charger.

The tyre was 65euro and we managed to install it without unpluging the motor.

Performance-wise the bike is brilliant now. There is so much power and top speed is adequate. Range is also very good.

Cost for me was less than 1000 euros. All worth it!

puntofato
Topic starter
(@puntofato)
Trusted Member

UPDATE!

I made a mistake with the vents in front of the bike. The front tyre blows water and dirt on the controller. I almost lost the controller when water got into it.

The change made was a cover for the cables behind the vents so now water does not hit the controller.

Another MISTAKE was the tyre. It kills the torque and the energy consumption is increased. I must find another way to correct the speedo. I will RETURN TO ORIGINAL SIZE when the tyre gets a bit old.

As for reliability of the bike. There was no fault all this time.

Page 4 / 5