Forum

Success! Building m...

Notifications
Clear all

Success! Building my own secondary TC battery - and it works!

30 Posts
7 Users
10 Likes
22.8 K Views
(@flyingelectric)
Estimable Member

@socobelfast

I checked out the difference between the LG MH1 3200Mah cells (9p) and the Samsung 50E (6p) 21700 cell. At 40A load from the motor the new packs cells are giving power at 3,7v (17*3,7 = 62,9V) and the original battery puts out 3,58V(17x3,58 = 60,86)

After throttle is released both batteries connected in parallel want to equalize and the energy goes from the Samsung 50E one to the original battery.

Jim
(@jim)
Eminent Member

So...correct me if I'm wrong.

You made a stronger battery, it doesn't work parallel, but on it's own it works fine and maybe even better than the original?

(@alexaraducristian)
Trusted Member

@socobelfast

So what are the latest updates?

- did you manage to solve the regen issue?

- did you use them independently, riding with your DIY battery, then switch to the original battery?

- was it worth in terms of money, time, results, than buying a secondary original battery?

(@socomods)
Trusted Member

removing the BMS is not a good idea, it doesn't just regulate charge, it also regulates discharge and monitors cell temp & balance - this is a critical part of using lithium safely, you do not want a lithium fire, it could cause a very large & dangerous explosion (guaranteed your insurance will not cover any damage or injury (or death)to  anything within range)

And yes agreed, the 100A posted around this forum does not seem to match up with the battery design - nor do the official 3D renders seem to match, I have seen 2 different types, one with 5 parallel cells rather than 6

(@socomods)
Trusted Member

any updates? decided i will probably rebuild my original battery myself, was too much hard work trying to get the info i needed out of Chinese manufacturers

Page 3 / 5