Super Soco TC ..Garbage.

15 Posts
8 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@phil-de-canillas)
Trusted Member

A WARNING TO ALL.

I bought my TC second hand (sadly) with just over 800kms on the odometer.

What a grade 1 total disaster.

50+ years of biking and this is the most unreliable piece of sh¡t that I have EVER encountered.

Replaced last year: controller, alarm unit, twist grip and associated connections.

It worked for a while until today, Ikm from home and it stopped. AGAIN.

Code 88 and a flashing battery warning light.  WTF?

I WILL FIX THIS P OF S, sell it and NEVER, EVER RETURN TO THIS COMPANY OF CON MERCHANTS.

A total waste of time and money.

14 Replies
Oscar
Admin
(@oscar)
Reputable Member

Sad to hear 🙁 hopefully you will find a new great two wheeler 🙂

(@flyingelectric)
Estimable Member

Phil de Canillas

If you are handy you can fix this and make this bike better. If you make your own battery all those problems will disappear. The regen problem won't dissapear. (I agree this is very annoying)

7 Replies
(@sigreg)

@flyingelectric

Could you write a bit more about battery related issue, and regen problem ? Or throw some links about that. I dont have SuperSoco.. yet, but it would be good to "prepare myself" if such problems exist. Or.. rethink decision again.

(@flyingelectric)

Estimable Member

@sigreg

It's not an issue or a problem as such. The regen activates in a way that when you position your throttle to 0 and then after a few seconds push forward for 1% throttle the regen or soft brake is applied. I mean that wasn't so smart as it involuntarily activates this regen in situations you don't want to.

It happened to me a few times when I didn't want it to and then my throttle was gone for 2-3 seconds. 

When I tried to regen it never worked or I still don't know how to get it to work.

What I know is that they issued a software update on this and it should be solved after that. (I have not updated the software on my bike)

(@phil-de-canillas)

Trusted Member

@flyingelectric

Sorry.

I paid good cash for this. 

I am 67 years old with arthritic hands, pissed off with stripping panels off the thing, no interest in building batteries and this has not been identified as a regen problem, probably a faulty battery temp switch

What next, should I fix it or break it for parts?

More than 18 emails and not a single response from Vmoto.

(@alexaraducristian)

Trusted Member

@phil-de-canillas

You said you saw the error 88.

Code 88 means "Discharge low temperature" and action "Push motorcycle to a warm place and wait for it to warm up ".

What temperature did you ride?

When I drive at ~0 degrees, I keep the battery inside house and only mount it on my TC just before leaving. Can you try the same to see if you get rid of 88 error?

(@phil-de-canillas)

Trusted Member

@alexaraducristian

I was riding the thing when it was showing +15ºC on the display; I had just ridden up a steep hill and the temp guage was low to medium.

No reason, just another piece of crap to deal with.

(@alexaraducristian)

Trusted Member

@flyingelectric

What do you mean by "make your own battery"? 🙂

This is the way to solve the 88 error code?

Also the original battery I believe is usable in the -20 - 40 degrees temperature range, isn't it? Or 88 code can have multiple root causes and not only linked with the discharge temperature?

(@socomods)

Trusted Member

@alexaraducristian

lithium batteries should definitely not be subjected to sub zero temperatures that low, they will function at temps near zero but with reduced efficiency - temps around -20/-40 is asking for serious trouble; charging becomes even more problematic because of the change chemical change in voltage

but i couldn't imagine trying to ride a soco with ice around any way lol motorbikes and ice are a bad combination

(@socomods)
Trusted Member

What is the regen issue?

I've had my TS since 2017 and not had a single problem with it, guess i got lucky - but one of the reasons i got an electric, is that they are far easier to fix (for me) than a petrol bike

does the bike still have warranty? if so, get in touch with them and they should fix it ✌️ (assuming previous owner kept it properly maintained and serviced..)

CubeyTerra
(@cubeyterra)
Estimable Member

Super Soco really is kind of a crap brand. It requires a TON of maintenance and breaks down a lot. It's built with the cheapest materials and underengineered electricals. It's a cheap bike for tinkerers.

If you're frustrated by tinkering, that's totally understandable. I wonder how much patience I'll have for mine when things really start to go wrong. 

Page 1 / 2