Clear all

Questions for owners

16 Posts
7 Users
3 Likes
 MrXT
Topic starter
(@mrxt)

Do the tc max have a parking brake for hill parking? If not how do you park on hills without the bike rolling off?

Are there any luggage rack options?

Can a center stand be fitted?

How reliable has the bike been for you so far? 

15 Replies
(@mrbombermillzy)

1. Not that I recall. Can you not park it either at a horizontal angle to the hill or at 45 degrees? Either that, or like someone else here does, put a 'chock' under the wheel!

2. There are a few options, but mainly in China. (See the other posts here for the links to Soco Parts).

3. I dont think so.

4. So far so good. Ive done over 1700 miles now, and apart from a couple of weird blips, its been great. Im enjoying not having to pull over and pay through the nose to fill up with smelly flammable liquid! The bike does what I need it to and pulls away/stops in good time. If you want extra speed/power/range, you will have to shell out £30k for a machine that is a step up from this. I highly recommend it!

(@tcmaximillian)
Eminent Member

I've got the official rear rack fitted by my local dealer and it came packaged as Rear Rack TC 1500 so I guess it is identical to the rear rack for the standard TC. It is black instead of silver and takes any standard topbox. The only problem is that it hits the registration plate when you go over a bump so the number plate has to be bent back at an angle to prevent this. I've had it fitted for a week now and I've had no problems. It makes life so much easier when you can put your helmet and gloves in your topbox before leaving your bike.

I've had mine about 2 months now and I've done about 400 miles. No problems. It can get up to 50mph in a strong headwind up a hill which is perfect for me.

DocWeyr
(@docweyr)
Estimable Member

Yes - original TC rack fits mounting points in TCmax but hits registration plate. I removed it as it goes too low and changing registration plate mouting is a bit complex as there is also led to highlight it. I am thinking on making higher and a bit shorter custom rack in winter.

9 Replies
(@tcmaximillian)

Eminent Member

@docweyr

You have to bend the reg plate fitting so the reg plate slopes back at an angle, then it doesn't hit the rack. My dealer did it for me when he fitted the rack.

DocWeyr
(@docweyr)

Estimable Member

@tcmaximillian

I tried and this is not a solution. I am 2m tall, so also much more heavy, than most of drivers. My seat, especially on bumpy road, goes as low as black mouting plate is high. Registration plate is ~2.5x higher. After 1st ride I found top of my plate bent 90 degrees - like reversed "L". In my case - the only solution is either to make different rack or completely move back whole reg. plate mouting.

If I face this with my weight I guess - that it may hit also average rider on bumpy road. IMHO - someone projected this not very wise.

(@tcmaximillian)

Eminent Member

@docweyr

You'll need to adjust the rear suspension to match your weight by tightening the two nuts above the spring. That will stop you hitting the reg plate.

DocWeyr
(@docweyr)

Estimable Member

@tcmaximillian

If SuperSoco releases a kit or directions - would be great. Not for plate but mostly for more comfort (higher seat).

(@tcmaximillian)

Eminent Member

@docweyr

I saw this number plate mod on the Super Soco Facebook page. What do you think? There were no details unfortunately.

DocWeyr
(@docweyr)

Estimable Member

Looks nice but if you mention brakes - TCmax has really good ones. So technically - there is no need to tune them. Ofcourse if the target is not colors. 🙂

Talking about colors - grey/black is sad. I really like TC color palette!

(@tcmaximillian)

Eminent Member

@docweyr

It's the number plate I thought you'd be interested in. It hangs down off the back of the rear light rather then sticking up. It would mean you could fit a rack and not worry about it hitting the number plate.

DocWeyr
(@docweyr)

Estimable Member

@tcmaximillian

Ah... I did not notify it. Yes. It is interesting!

Shannon
(@shannon)

Eminent Member

@tcmaximillian My supplier did the same, as I brought it with a top box fitted Andy Sills cycles Southsea. The mechanic said he had to move it as the suspension range would break a standard plate.

(@gunther)

I put a bungee cord on the brake lever .

Page 1 / 2