Notifications
Clear all

TS1200R accelleration

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@socorideruk)

Hello my TS1200R I have here in the UK isn’t capable of reaching the end of the acceleration bar even when on sport mode. As I have seen on a photo here the line I am talking about starts a thick size on the bottom left and curves at the top before going to the top right and thinning out. When my Super Soco was bought at 16 it was restricted to comply with UK law and once 17 you are allowed to derestrict it to the top speed. While restricted I got 28mph top speed and the bar would almost make it to the curve. When derestricted it goes to 42 mph top speed and the bar is now making it about halfway. It is advertised to do 45 mph and a shop told me this could be made even higher if someone really wanted to however that would sacrifice the life of the battery making it die even faster than it already does. Now that I’m 17 the restricted that got put on it is never fully removed and I think trying to do full Throttle while partly restricted is what caused the bike to only have a range of 8.2 miles instead of 40 (unless this is the same with rebound else). How can I make the bike to normal where it can go to full throttle properly without overdoing it and also without making it still restricted. I only managed to lessen the restricted a bit to a higher acceleration using the brake and throttle during startup however I was unsuccessful in fully derestricting it now.

3 Replies
 tomp
(@tomp)
Estimable Member

42mph sounds about right...my TC only does 45 on a good day! However, 8 mile range sounds awful. Is the battery cold? I get about 30-40 miles normally during the summer, a little less in cold conditions but I keep the battery inside.  

Also the bike is either restricted or de-restricted. It can't be halfway.

2 Replies
(@socorideruk)

Thanks for the reply here are some photos to explain. The line on the left is where my bar used to reach as the maximum while restricted, the middle is where it can reach now since I derestricted it, however for some reason others have managed to always get it to the full acceleration. There is another user from Sweden on the forum who says they get to the max which confuses me why since I have derestricted it, it still cannot go to max. This is why I thought maybe there is another method to derestricting it where it can do higher. My first time trying to derestrict it I somehow made it slower at about 20mph top speed instead of 30 and was scared whether it would go back lol but all I had to do was do the same steps again to derestrict. I’m not sure if this could be the cause for my rapid decrease in charge because maybe if the bike can’t reach max and I’m always trying to go full throttle, it is causing too much stress on the battery. Maybe if I make it able to go to max it might last better because I would likely use less throttle for the same speeds that I can do now. I have two batteries and one is broken now but when they were both working they both had the exact same mileage which confirmed it’s something to do with the bike but I don’t know exactly what it is.

supersoco Amsterdam
(@supersoco-amsterdam)

Trusted Member

On my deristricted TS the bar goes Max. Between the two eights at the speed of 65km p/h