2020 TC Max SIM replacement for GSM/GPS Module
While Trying to fix the Red Box of death in the App I found a bunch of references suggesting replacing the sim would resolve the issue. FYI it did not!
But just in case anyone else needs to replace their sim card for another reason i thought i would share instructions on how i did it because i seem to have a slightly different model to the other instructions i found.
I took some pictures and combined and attached
- Remove the two panels on the left hand side of the bike. you will need a 5mm (i think) alan key and a Philips screwdriver to remove these.
- My GSM module was attached with one screw (number 1 (and 6) in the picture) and two clips (Number 2 in the picture) that it just slid down into. I removed the module from the bike and unplugged it from the connector.
- There were 4 screws holding the lid on and i had to use my finger nails to gentle pry the lid off the module. There is a fine rubber band (number 3 in the picture) don't loose it (Or forget to put back on ;-))
- My Sim holder was not on the top as other tutorials showed so i had to take the board out. I loosened the two top screws (number 4 in the picture) and completely removed the screw next to the capacitor (number 5 on the picture).
- I gently took the board out sliding it off the top screws. To locate the SIM holder (7 on the picture) on the underside. be careful removing the wires at the top and don't break the wires to the backup battery.
- I had to lift a sticker off the sim (number 8 on the picture) to be able to remove the old one and put in the new one.
- Stick everything back where you found it.
Thats it. all seems to work but still getting red box of "No Signal"
Gracias, mi moto tiene dos meses, la app funciono los primeros 4 dias después de 40 dias de mensajes con tienda autorizada y distribuidor en España, funciono 4 dias más, pero ahora dejo de funcionar recomiendo dejar ínstalada la app, con las alertas activas por si acaso una noche vuelve a funcionar.
Por cierto durante los 40 dias desmonte la caja saque la sim, puse la de mi teléfono, y no sirvió de nada.
Creo que me tendré que conformar con haber pagado algo que no funciona.
Yo hablé con súper soco por Instagram, me preguntaron que app tenia instalada … y todo estaba como tenía que estar y me había funcionado pero dejo de hacerlo,
cuanto hace que compraste tu moto? Al parecer está utilidad es por tiempo limitado.
I purchased in November 2021. The app lost signal in September 2022. Manufacturer date was 2020. From what I have read. Supersoco can reset it but they have not responded 🙁