Battery Connector Overheating
I recently bought a two year old Super Socu CUx and noticed that the plug to the battery is deformed due to overheating. Both sides (battery and plug) are now almost molten and I am now chasing those parts. The battery plugs are round. Are there any places to look for these parts? Also I noticed that both the 24/48V converters are delaminating at the back, where the rubber is protecting the circuit boards. Is this normal for these parts or part of the overheating problem?
I am happy to hear any suggestions.
Any official SuperSoco dealer should be able to deliver those parts.
Beware there are 2 types of connectors, round and square. If your bike still use the Gen1 square sockets it's a good thing to convert your bike to round socket connectors. there also is a converter cable available for converting the square charger cable to round socket.
It seems to be quite a common thing, the connectors cant handle the current going throught them, I believe it was worse with the square pins so they upgraded to round pins but have seen people with the round pin plugs reporting the same thing, inlcluding not being able to remove the plug as its melted or welded itself in place.
The root cause of melted connectors lies in users not switching off the main power switch during the battery connect / disconnect, this causes arching and will degrade the socket overtime.