My 2021 TC Max.
First post on the forum, so I thought I would introduce my TC Max which I have had a since september. I have made a few mods, mostly cosmetic.
So far I have removed the pillion passenger pegs. Removed the stock number plate holder and trimmed the rear fender and fitted a R&G tail tidy. Replaced the stock mirrors with some bar end mounted ones. Painted the rear side panels silver. Lastly for the moment I have replaced the rear shock with a 290mm DNM MK-AR adjustable shock using the stock spring this raised the rear ride hieght slightly and has massively improved the ride.
Plans for the future include getting some more performance from the stock motor using a Golden Motor VEC300 controller and upgrading the battery BMS to a higher current capable one.
I use the bike to commute everyday and have really enjoyed it so far. Come the better weather I am sure I will use it a lot more.
I'll update this thread as I continue to play about with the bike.
Thanks for looking.
I managed to get a bit of time with the bike today and have made some progress with altering the performance to better suit my needs.
I had originally thought that the controller was based on the Golden Motor VEC-300 controller however, further research has revealed that the VEC and the TC max controllers are based on the Wuxi Lingbo HC3X controller.
it appears that the stock controller is running the lingbo software as with the software (downloaded from here:- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZBXscIUssj2y7akjxSmxm30SJVLfPGCa ) , I am able to read and write parameters to the controller.
So now I need to work out what parameters I need to adjust to achieve the results I am after.
I shall be back when I have further information.
It'll be interesting to see what can you do with it.
Hi Pete. Great to see another tinkerer on board. I'm new here too and hoping to do some reverse engineering myself. Thanks for sharing your info so far. Look forward to see how you progress. Your bike looks great with the hugger mod. Must have taken you ages to trim it down nicely.
I've started building a battery upgrade for my TC Max. I'll post some pics once I get all the parts together.
Decided to just go for doing the BMS bypass, as I haven't had time to fit an ammeter to the bike and then ride it.
So first off I removed the sticker from top to reveal the T20 torx screws underneath.
and then the four on each side, two at the top and two at the bottom.
Then carefully flip the battery over and remove the screws from the bottom plate and remove.
Turn the pack back up the correct way to remove the outer aluminium shell.
and you end up with this.
looks like the main battery cables are really quite small, around 16mm2 I would guess.
Next step was to release the BMS board and move it to one side, I had to disconnect the 4 pin data cable that goes to the charge/discharge socket and also the two negative cables, one goes from the battery negative to the BMS board and the other goes from teh BMS board to the charge/dischage socket.
With the BMS out of the way the main positive cable was disconnected and the top plate put to oneside.
As I am upgrading the cable to 35mm2 I modified the plastic standoff that the BMS is mounted on using a dremel. The new positve cable was then installed.
The BMS was then reinstalled along with the new negative cable.
That's it for now.
The next step will be to make some new charge cables to run from the socket to the BMS and then try and get it all back in the case.
The new battery connectors I am going to use are these 175A Anderson type.
Sorry for the long post.
More to follow in the next couple of days.