Super Soco TC Max Cafe Racer
After a lot of information (or rather research) and hesitation concerning the purchase of the right parts (sometimes in several different versions), here is finally my TC Max customized as a cafe racer.
I admit I was inspired by Maze's TC Max Benzin Launch Silver Racer to make my customization.
So I have :
– replaced the handlebars with 2 bracelets
– changed the front headlight to an Full-LED headlight
– put turn signals around the fork at the front
– put the turn signals at the end of the chassis at the rear (at the level of the fixing of the rear handle)
– changed the rear light by an LED strip at the end of the chassis under the saddle
– cut out the rear fender
– removed the original rear light assembly
– added a new illuminated license plate support at the rear and readjusted the mandatory reflector (by running an electrical cable in the same place as the old beam)
– removed the rear footrests
– painted the rear frame in black
– painted the speedometer in black
– added a short bar of 22mm in diameter (length 20cm) in place of the old handlebars and fixed a clock on one side and a thermometer on the other side (ambient air temperature)
– started to replace the handlebar grips: on the left it's ok but on the right it's a pain, I broke a throttle grip (I had one in advance so it's fine but I'm waiting for a new one to keep putting it on)
– replaced the original mirrors with bar end mirrors (that alone changes the look of the bike!)
That's not bad.
I hesitate to put silver covering on the sides and the tank (then put a transparent protection on the tank), and to paint the brake calipers in fluorescent yellow.
Same, I hesitate to lower the front headlight a few cm but I will have to find a good support (already fixing the one with the original support was difficult and required a little force!
Well maybe a gas shock absorber (but not in red!) but the same, is the investment worth it, but that's another subject!
Then I still have to install reflectors on the sides in a little more modern (because I miss one on one side).
FYI I bought all the parts on Aliexpress.
There you go, do you like it?
Amazing bike, love the modifications. Would it be possible to provide links?
I made progress on my customization.
The original topic/discussion is on the french forum mysupersoco (topic in : TC Max / Customisation / Ma Super Soco TC Max Cafe Racer Custom).
In this topic you can have more informations and some links for buying some parts.
The majority of parts i have buying are comming from aliexpress.
If i can, i insert link of all the parts in my next message.
I changed the seat (I bought the studded saddle and I had it redone properly by a saddler to remove the nails), I took off the stickers and I lowered the headlight (by planing the support) and descended the fork.
Now, i need just painting the two brakes supports and make a seat cowl and the next step is to change the tires to racing tires like Michelin Pilot Street, Pirelli Angel City or Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 with one size bigger (100/70-17 for the front and 130/70-17 for the rear).
Some picture of the bike now.
On this last picture you can see the fork lowering (1,5 cm).
yeah..... i saw your bike on Aliexpress....
that why i bought the same rear fender . i saw your review. thanks man.
Hello, As I promised, here are all the parts I bought for my modifications with links to the merchant site.
I bought all these parts for 210/215 € , without counting the parts that I bought in duplicate or different models to be sure to have at least a good reference that mounts.