Forum

CPX Battery to 12/2...

Notifications
Clear all

CPX Battery to 12/230V possible? For use as powerbank?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@blombaarn)

Hi people, i was wondering if it would be possible to connect a kind of inverter to a super soco CPX battery and use it as a powerbank / 12/230V for other purposes. 

As the battery can deliver about 3KW of power it should be possible to run all kind of stuff on it. For me i would consider to use it for a boat. With an electric outboard and 230Volt for everything. With a second battery i would have 5.4 kwh on the scooter and on a boat or camping.

An inverter could be 100-200$€? while a new 2.7 kwh powerstation with fast charger is way more expensive. (1500?) So an inverter would save about 1300

What i found is that the battery has all kind of electronics inside (battery management?) is there anyone who knows how this stuff works? 

Would it be possible to do solar charging? 

Is there a kind of connector/transformer i can buy?  

I suggest that a scooter maker should run the next model on a powerstation as a battery with a 230V connector. Easy to swap. 

1 Reply
(@andre)
Eminent Member

Hy, jup it works but u need some work and be carefull 60 - 70V dc isn´t like 12 V  .... don´t disconnet the bms in the battery... and ja solarcharing is working if u find the rigth charger.

cpx battery as powerpank:

https://supersocoforum.com/forum/cpx/use-the-main-battery-as-powerbank/paged/2/#page-content

for solar charge look at youtube ther are some infos about that.

regards andre